Parent to Parent
A support network for parents of children with special needs.
Special Needs Call for Special Support
Learning that your child has a developmental delay, disability or special health care need can be an emotional experience. Parents and caregivers may have questions and concerns as they navigate support and services that benefit their child and family. You are not alone. We can relate to those feelings and want to help.
Parent to Parent has helped families for over 36 years. We provide:
- Emotional support for parents of children with special needs.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
- Volunteer “Helping Parents” whose experiences match yours as closely as possible.
- Training for parents who would like to become Helping Parents.
- Lending Library at In-Tot Developmental Center (Books and videos for checkout)
- Social and recreational events.
- Public awareness and community outreach regarding special needs and/or disabilities
Frequently Asked Questions
No, P2P provides support and services to families with or without a diagnosis.
We provide services for families with children ages of birth to 18 and/or graduating from High School.
Unfortunately we can only serve Lewis County residents. Parent to Parent is a national program, however, and you can visit https://arcwa.org/parent-to-parent/map/ to find your nearest P2P Coordinator.
No referral is necessary. Come on in!
We provide Coffee and Conversation every 3rd Tuesday of the month. We can also match you with a trained parent mentor to provide support and guidance.